Friday, December 18, 2009

Recipe and a movie: Soft Ginger Apple Cookies/ I Remember Mama



I really like ginger snap cookies, but I found a much healthier version with almost the same taste. Try it out:

Soft Ginger Apple Cookies
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
1 large egg
1 1/2 tsp ginger
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 3/4 c. flour

Beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add remaining ingredients except flour. Add flour until just blended. Drop by tablespoons on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 10-12 min. Yum!

(I made the little plaque at MOPS.)

Here's a movie to enjoy while your much on your warm cookies: I Remember Mama. It's a heart warming story about a Norwegian family settling in San Francisco in 1910. Don't forget the tissues.

2 comments:

Kaptured by Koren said...

they were yummy cookies, and easy.

SnoWhite said...

these sound great! I love using applesauce in cookies/baked goods.