Monday, December 28, 2009

Monday Non-mayhem: Cleaning, where do I start?



Enter Zone cleaning! I have wrestled with this question over and over and never came up with a good solution. Then, I checked out Flylady and her method of breaking the house into zones really caught my eye. I can be an all or nothing gal and I can turn circles trying to figure out where to start. When I do that, I give up, but not with this system!

So each week you focus on a different zone and by the end of the month you will have cleaned in each area of your house. Remember, this is a process, but at least you can make some headway in each room during the month.

Here they are: The five zones in your home
Zone 1- the entrance, front porch and dining room
Zone 2- the kitchen
Zone 3- the bathroom and one extra room (laundry, office, kids, guest)
Zone 4- the master bedroom
Zone 5- the living room

Also on Flylady's website she gives you a "mission" for cleaning in that zone each day for the week. I like when someone else has the plan. Happy Zone cleaning!

Next week: Monthly habits.

No comments: